Nice Thursday read > 88: answers from Marco!
1. Vodka or Champagne?
2. Your favorite toast?
Nuf de Humpen
nei da Zinka,
Morga mü´ma Wasser trinken!
3. Your favorite airport?
I like airports in general.
4. Best bar at an airport?
Never hang out in a bar at an airport.
5. The perfect dress for a gig?
Just have to feel comfortable no matter how.
6. How long can you survive without fresh socks?
Pretty long i guess. I prefer being barefoot anyway.
7. How many times did you arrive somewhere without your luggage?
Once. 2 weeks ago me and my girlfriend went to russia, but my luggage didn’t arrive so we had to wait 3 hours and because of that we got right into the rush hour on a friday evening in moscow. From my flat to the arrival in Smolensk it took us 16 hours, so we finally arrived in Smolensk after midnight. We just had time for a quick shower before we went to the party. But it was a great night! An exhausting but exciting weekend!
8. Ever had to get some cloths from a promoter?
9. What time is it?
10. Politics or Economy?
11. USA or China?
Want to go to the USA first.
12. The very last record to play before going to bed?
Always changing. Depends on the mood. Yesterday it was Imugem Orihasam – Reduce.
13. And very perfect track to wake up?
Bob Marley – Jamming.
14. Worst present ever received?
A 5€ coupon for a petrol station. Never used it.
15. Clear skin or Glitter?
16. Some physical suffering as a result of your job?
Come on…not yet.
17. Are you religious?
Not really. Think about the universe, that’s freaky enough.
18. Analog or digital?
Analog, but I don’t like analog cheese.
19. Worst track which was ever request from you?
Since i only play live any request is kind of weird.
20. Your first record? And no, we really want to know the “first”, not the first “cool” record.
Bob Marley & The Wailers – The Birth Of A Legend or maybe Dynamite Deluxe – Deluxe Soundsystem
21. Favorite German dish?
Schweinsbron mit Semiknedl.
22. Do your parents have a precise idea of what you are doing?
Yes they know exactly what i’m doing.
23. Did they ever come to see you play live?
My dad yes, my mum not yet but she wants to.
24. Last book you read?
Stephen Hawking – The Grand design.
25. A vice?
is a good read on the toilet.
26. What did you want to become as a child?
Older and bigger.
27. How do you keep in shape?
Playing football and going Skateboarding.
28. Do you have nickname?
Mago, Markus, Mages
29. One of your hobbies?
Skateboarding. It used to be my biggest passion…but that changed:)
30. Groupies: blessing or penalty?
31. Personal remedy against hangover?
Try to avoid bad alcohol and drink water of course!
And choose one drink to drink for the whole night, difficult but it works!
32. Where did you grow up?
In Munich until i was 8 and then we moved to Wasserburg to the countryside.
33. How do you keep your temper when provoked?
34. What would you do in life if not playing live?
35. A question you always wanted to hear in an interview?
I would like to give you a SAM16 for free, do you want it?
36. What song did you have stuck in your head recently?
David Hasselhoff – Looking for Freedom
37. Nike or Adidas?
38. Finding yourself on an after hour: what day of the week would this be most likely?
Wednesday or Thursday.
39. Longest set ever played?
2 hours ahahah.
40. Secret weapon for the dance floor?
Secret…like only for you, no sharing Mofo.
41. Favorite drink while playing?
Whatever i can reach.
42. Next big thing in music?
I really can’t think of a good answer to this one.
43. Something you really hate to see on a dance floor?
Any kind of aggression.
44. Something you really love to see on a dance floor?
Happy and nice people having fun. A good mixture of people.
45. Your most influential teacher?
My brother Dario, my whole family, my friends and life in general.
46. Berlin or London?
Really like both cities.
47. A person you avoid? And why?
A judge. That’s obvious.
48. You b2b with who?
49. What music makes you smile?
All kinds really. Totally depends on the situation. Mainly bavarian folk!
50. How much sleep do you need a day?
I prefer 7-8 hours, but since i enjoy staying up till late it’s often less.
51. Worst dinner a promoter brought you ever to?
Ha in Russia we were in such a hurry that there was no time for a proper dinner, so we stopped in the middle of nowhere at small restaurant/shop next to the motorway. I guess it would be an insult for all proper hot dogs to call that a hot dog. But that wasn’t the promoters fault.
52. Best dinner a promoter brought you ever to?
Most of the dinners were really nice actually. As long as it’s no junk food, i’m good.
53. Preferred superpower?
Being able to fly and being super strong at the same time would be awesome!
Because than i could take whatever i want to wherever i want.
55. What is your secret?
Are you joking?
56. Favorite bank holiday?
57. Most ridiculous party you were booked?
Hmm difficult one. Christopher Street Day comes to mind. I played in the Munich town hall and 99% of the people were gay, with partly amazing outfits…ahahha…that was great fun and a really weird but really cool crowd. And the location was just mind-blowing.
58. Preferred destination for some holidays?
It’s got to be warm and sunny and on the coast without many tourists.
59. Preferred day of the week?
60. A misconception people often have about you?
That i’m a DJ.
61. Best record to close a hyper club night?
Just listen to a set from Dario and you will hear!
62. Worst thing in an Artist-Life?
Traveling without sleep, although that can be fun sometimes…when i was in Zurich with Dario we had so much fun at the airport and on the plane. Can’t remember how often we pushed the stewardess button. Legendary!
63. A song from Lady Gaga you like?
What the hell?
64. A song from Prince you like?
Yes that’s better.
65. Average number of taxis you take a month?
66. Most expensive taxi you ever took?
70€ or something like that. We took a taxi from the countryside to Munich. But we were 5 so it was all right.
67. Paradise… ?
Has many faces.
68. How do you relax?
I love to hang out on the riverside in Munich or go to the countryside to a nice lake or mountain.
And of course with my love!
69. A flower?
I love beautiful flowers.
70. Who do you admire?
My brother for being him. And my closest friends and all other people who stay true to themselves.
71. Best gig the last few months?
Watergate, the Ilian Tape Party at Harry Klein and the Harry Klein Showcase at Stadtgarten in Cologne.
72. Worst gig the last few months?
73. Are you single?
74. Favorite underwear brand?
Don’t care…but i definitely prefer shorts.
75. Something you cannot quit?
76. Something you change if you could?
77. Do you find yourself dancing on a dance floor from time to time?
Of course!!! The music has to be good though.
78. Who made you dance the last time?
Dario’s live set!
79. Something you would like to forget?
No not really.
80. From all the cities you’ve been to: the most precious? Why?
I was in Buenos Aires once for a week and that was really amazing. I went there with a journalist to make a radio show about Buenos Aires and therefore we saw a lot of things during that week. We met all kinds of artists and went to concerts and parties. It was a really great experience for me. The city is crazy, but i loved it!
81. From all the cities you’ve been to: the most fucked up? Why?
Minsk. It was a weird trip. Saw some really fucked up neighborhoods and the people didn’t really took care of me. I felt really relieved when I was on the plane back home.
82. Best door policy?
A club should be open for all kinds of people, except negative or aggressive people.
83. Something inspiring you?
Hanging out in Dario’s studio, new records, new machines and every day life.
84. Someone inspiring you?
My brother, my friends and artists i admire.
85. A(nother) club you would love to be resident?
86. Something which would make you stop from what you’re doing?
Don’t want to think about that to be honest.
87. What are your plans for the rest for the day?
I’m gonna do some label work and then a friend, who is a jazz drummer, will come by to make some music.
And then go to bad early to be fit for the trip to the mountains with my girl tomorrow!
88. What time is it now?
14.57 (some days later)